Our Financial Support
Every year, Arizona G&T Cooperatives provide financial support to numerous groups and organizations, civic clubs and charities, and in addition many cooperative employees participate directly to help these organizations. A few years ago, we surveyed our employees and residents of the communities we serve, asking what our priorities should be. These guidelines are the result of that survey.
If you would like us to consider your event or organization, please review these guidelines and then follow the directions on how to apply for a donation or other support.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Arizona G&T Cooperatives are committed to improving the lives of those in our member coops’ service areas. To that end, each year, Arizona G&T Cooperatives donate to many deserving causes, groups, organizations, events and individuals.
This commitment is in keeping with the seven Cooperative Principles, one of which, “Concern For Community,” states: “While focusing on member needs, cooperatives work for the sustainable development of their communities.” It is our intent that these guidelines help us in that mission.
Donation Focus Areas
Four Donation Focus Areas were developed with direct input from cooperative employees through a comprehensive survey and reflect their values and priorities and those of the communities in which they live.
- Youth Sports/Activities
- Community Events
Criteria/Eligibility for Donations
- Requests must fall into one of the four focus areas listed above.
- Donations must benefit a group, organization, event or people within the geographic boundaries of our member cooperatives (View our members and customers).
We will generally not use funds budgeted for charitable donations to support the following: political organizations, parties, and candidates; religious organizations; or general operating, tax or payroll expenses.
How to Submit a Donation Request
IMPORTANT – IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED A DONATION FROM US PRIOR TO THIS YOU MUST PROVIDE US WITH A COMPLETED W-9 FORM.
- A donation request must be submitted on identifying letterhead with all available contact information and the name of a contact person; if e-mailed, the e-mail should include letterhead if possible, but if not, the e-mail must include a brief description of the group/organization/event/persons for which the donation is being requested and all available contact information and the name of a contact person.
- Requests must be brief and specific on what the donation request is for, include a clear description of the program and the benefits the program has for the community.
- All requests must submit a W-9 form from the requesting entity.
- Donation requests must be submitted four weeks in advance of when the funds are needed. Requests made with shorter deadlines will be considered but may not be granted even if the subject of the request meets the criteria.
Based on employee comments in the survey, local groups, organizations, events or persons will be given preference over national organizations or events; however, in cases where employees are actively involved in an event for a national organization (an example would be employees walking to raise pledges for the American Cancer Society) the request will be treated as if it were for local benefit. All other requests for donations to national organizations and events will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Submit your request to:
Communications, Social Media and Marketing Administrator
PO Box 670
Benson, AZ 85602