AZGT Information Center
Welcome to the news, information and events center for AZGT Electric Coops. Here you’ll find news releases, news links, articles and videos, our annual report, presentations, photo galleries, contact information and more. You’ll also find links to Currents magazine, the bi-monthly magazine that includes energy-saving tips and articles on everything from electric safety to legislative and environmental problems.
2015 Annual Meeting Presentations
Arizona G&T Division Managers Group
AZGT Media Contacts
Feel free to contact us any time.
office direct: 520.586.5465
Geoff Oldfather joined Arizona G&T Cooperatives in 2009. Under his leadership the cooperatives have expanded outreach to public officials, the media, the public, and member cooperatives.
In 2010, Geoff was elected to his first term on the board of Touchstone Energy®, a national alliance of more than 750 independently owned electric cooperatives in 47 states. In 2016, he was elected president of the board of Touchstone Energy. 2016 will be his fifth and final year on the board. Arizona G&T Cooperatives has received national recognition for communications and outreach efforts, including:
- First Place, Public Relations Society of America SA Chapter in special publications, for the 2012 annual report, “The Power of Unity.”
- First Place, ADDY (American Advertising Federation) Award, also for the 2012 annual report, “The Power of Unity.”
- The National Rural Electric Cooperatives (NRECA) Award of Merit 2013 for a news column on the need for a national energy policy; and an Award of Excellence for marketing the Wings Over Willcox event;
- The National Rural Electric Cooperatives (NRECA) Award of Excellence 2012 for news releases and coverage of the Hoover Dam power allocation issue and an Award of Merit for marketing of community support.
- Two Telly awards – the industry and commercial equivalent of the Emmys – for the video “Bringing Light,” a 12-minute historical documentary of Arizona Electric Power Cooperative’s (AEPCO) first 50 years, and;
- The Touchstone Energy Brand Champion award, 2011.
Geoff came to the cooperatives after 30 years as an award-winning journalist. He worked as a TV news anchor and reporter for CBS and Fox affiliates in Arizona and Florida, and was also a radio talk-show host and a senior correspondent and political columnist with Scripps-Howard newspapers. Throughout his career, Geoff covered state legislatures and Congress.
office direct: 520.586.5157
J.D. joined Arizona G&T Cooperatives in April, 2015. A major part of his role is to expand the cooperatives’ reach in the community through developing original content for and the use of a variety of social media platforms. He also performs a variety of communications functions from community participation to legislative relations.
Prior to joining the cooperatives, J.D. spent almost 15 years in local broadcast television as a journalist. He spent almost 12 years at the CBS affiliate in Tucson. His first two reporting jobs were in Anchorage, Alaska, at the ABC and NBC affiliates, respectively. He also spent one legislative session in Juneau, Alaska, as the majority press secretary in the Alaska House of Representatives.
J.D. has a bachelor’s in Broadcasting and two minors in English and Spanish from Arizona State University.
Arizona G&T Cooperatives
P.O. Box 670
Benson, AZ 85602
1000 S. Highway 80
Benson, AZ 85602
Apache Generating Station
3525 N. Highway 191
Cochise, AZ 85606