- Information Collected and Stored Automatically
Arizona G&T Cooperatives may automatically collect and store anonymous information about site visitors to enable us to make them Arizona G&T Cooperatives website more useful and improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience. Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. Arizona G&T Cooperatives may collect the following anonymous information from you every time you access the Arizona G&T Cooperatives website:
- Internet domain from which you access our website (e.g. google.com, your-company.com, bing.com)
- IP address. An IP address is automatically assigned to your computer or mobile device when you surf the web. In some cases, these addresses may be individually or regionally identifiable. However, even when an IP address is identifiable, it usually takes additional effort to link a particular IP address to a specific individual. For many users, an IP address cannot be linked to a specific individual.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website
- Date and time of access
- Pages visited
- Address of the website (if any) from which you linked to Arizona G&T Cooperatives
Web logs may also be automatically created and used to identify visitors who seek to damage the website, use the website in unauthorized ways, or interfere with operations. Information about users who try to engage in any unapproved activities may be shared with law enforcement agencies. Arizona G&T Cooperatives does not collect any personal information about a routine visitor unless the visitor provides information to Arizona G&T Cooperatives.
- Personal Information Collection and Use
You do not have to provide any personally identifiable information to visit this website; however, if you use the Arizona G&T Cooperatives website to send Arizona G&T Cooperatives an e-mail, subscribe to a newsletter or e-mail alert, ask for information, or if you provide personally identifiable information through Arizona G&T Cooperatives’s website in any other way, Arizona G&T Cooperatives collects and may maintain the information that you provide. Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are (e.g. your name, address, e-mail, electric service characteristics, dispute with Arizona G&T Cooperatives member, etc.). In the situations described above, your personally identifiable information may be shared among Arizona G&T Cooperatives staff, Arizona G&T Cooperatives members, and support services (including third party vendors) as we deem necessary. Once information reaches the correct office, it will be used in the same manner as comparable information collected in other ways. In no event will Arizona G&T Cooperatives sell, rent or lease your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
- Linking to other sites
From time to time, the Arizona G&T Cooperatives website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by Arizona G&T Cooperatives, that we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various non-Arizona G&T Cooperatives websites do not constitute or imply endorsement of Arizona G&T Cooperatives of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
- Security and Data Quality
- Arizona G&T Cooperatives maintains its website and its information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. Arizona G&T Cooperatives is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our users. No computer or mobile operating system can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. Arizona G&T Cooperatives provides reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards.
- Please note that your e-mail, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge or permission, while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. There are some Arizona G&T Cooperatives websites where we may make special provisions for a more secure environment in which we can exchange information with you.
- “Phishing” is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. Arizona G&T Cooperatives will never request your passwords, user names, credit card information or other personally identifiable information through e-mail.
If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, click here to obtain information on how to set your cookie preferences.
If you use Google Chrome, click here to obtain information on how to set your cookie preferences.
If you use Firefox, click here to obtain information on how to set your cookie preferences.
If you use Apple Safari, click here to obtain information on how to set your cookie preferences.
Note that if you set your preferences so your device does not receive cookies, certain features of the Arizona G&T Cooperatives website cannot be provided to you, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Arizona G&T Cooperatives website content.
- Uses and Disclosures
- Arizona G&T Cooperatives uses its website to provide services and information to its members, employees, and members of the public.
We may share information we collect on our website with companies that provide support services to us (such as auditors, web hosting providers, or call center service providers). These companies may need this information in order to perform their functions. Arizona G&T Cooperatives generally directs recipients to agree to safeguard personal information, to use it only as authorized by Arizona G&T Cooperatives, and to return it or destroy it when no longer required.
- Legal Process
Arizona G&T Cooperatives could be required to disclose personal information in response to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. Any record keeper faces this possibility. Disclosures may also be appropriate to protect Arizona G&T Cooperatives’s legal rights or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. Arizona G&T Cooperatives believes that these events are unlikely, but they are possible. Arizona G&T Cooperatives will take reasonable steps to limit the scope and consequences of any of these disclosures.
- Recruiting Services
Web users can search and apply online for employment opportunities with Arizona G&T Cooperatives and its member cooperatives. If you complete a job application online, provide a resume, or disclose other personal information for a recruitment activity, the Arizona G&T Cooperatives Human Resources Department will use your information in the same manner as if you applied by regular mail or in person. The information will only be used for recruiting and employment purposes. It is possible that information about you or about your application will be shared externally to verify the information, to obtain references, or for other employment-related purposes. When appropriate, application information will be shared with a member cooperative that advertised a vacancy. Each member cooperative has independent policies and practices for the use and disclosure of employment applications.
You may voluntarily sign up to receive various Arizona G&T Cooperatives newsletters, updates or alerts, and other such communications, directly or indirectly, from Arizona G&T Cooperatives staff. By electing to receive any Arizona G&T Cooperatives communication, you understand that your information will be retained by Arizona G&T Cooperatives and may be added to our contact database. Based upon your election, Arizona G&T Cooperatives may contact you directly concerning other publications or events that may be useful to you. Note that as a recipient of any Arizona G&T Cooperatives generated communications, you may unsubscribe from future messages via a link at the bottom of each email message to be removed from our contact list. Arizona G&T Cooperatives does not sell, rent, or otherwise share lists of subscribers to Arizona G&T Cooperatives publications, online newsstand services, or list servers.
- Changes to this policy
- Children and Privacy
Arizona G&T Cooperatives is committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. Arizona G&T Cooperatives’s websites do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 13. Arizona G&T Cooperatives does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 13 nor send them requests for personal information.