Saguaro to Marana 115/138kV Transmission Line Project
Arizona Electric Power Cooperative, Inc. (AEPCO) and Tucson Electric Power (TEP) are planning new electrical infrastructure to serve the town of Marana, Arizona and the surrounding area.
The Saguaro to Marana Project planning process is being conducted for AEPCO to construct a new 115 kilovolt (kV) transmission line between the planned Trico Electric Cooperative Inc. Adonis Substation and the existing Marana Substation. The project will connect to the existing Saguaro Substation located approximately seven miles northwest of Marana using an existing transmission line. TEP has identified the need for a new 138kV substation within the town of Marana. TEP will need a 138kV transmission line to provide power to this substation.
The project will increase electric reliability and serve customers’ growing energy needs, as well as add transmission capacity to support the development of future energy generation projects.
For complete details, please visit the Saguaro to Marana Transmission Line Project website.
- January 2022 Saguaro to Marana Newsletter (PDF, 2MB)
- March 2022 Saguaro to Marana Preferred Route Postcard (PDF, 293KB)
- April 2022 Saguaro to Marana Project Pre-Filing Transcript (PDF, 207KB)
- May 2022 Notice of Public Hearing (PDF, 3MB)
- May 2022 Saguaro to Marana Pre-Hearing Transcript (PDF, 85KB)
- June 2022 Final CEC Hearing Transcript, Volume I (PDF, 416KB)
- June 2022 Final CEC Hearing Transcript, Volume II (PDF, 145KB)